Conway Bicentennial Commemorative Plate

Bicentennial plate.JPG

Title

Conway Bicentennial Commemorative Plate

Subject

Bicentennial--Mass.--Conway

Description

9 1/4" (d) round plate commemorating the 1967 town bicentennial and Festival of the Hills celebrations. White ceramic with gold colored serrated gilt edge. Embossed with a Stephen Hamilton color illustration of the First Church and Meeting House in Pumpkin Hollow, with the Twin Hills in the background. On the bottom is a paragraph describing the illustration that became the official town seal in 1963.

Creator

World Wide Art Studios, Covington, Tenn.

Date

1967

Contributor

Unknown (CHS-1994-039)

Gift of Jacob Van Gelder (1920-2016) and Ray Gold Van Gelder (1919-2013) (CHS-2004-019.2)

Source

CHS.

Rights

CHS. Fair use.

Format

jpeg

Type

Physical object.

Identifier

CHS-1994-039
CHS-2004-019.2

Coverage

Conway, Mass.

Identifier

020

Citation

World Wide Art Studios, Covington, Tenn., “Conway Bicentennial Commemorative Plate,” Conway Historical Society, accessed September 18, 2021, https://conwaymasshistory.org/items/show/663.