2 spindle-back chairs (7 spindles), 30" high with 15" wide seat. Heavily worn with remnants of dark paint. The chairs came from 1701 Main Poland Road in Conway and were there as early as 1930 when the house was purchased by Erna and Emil Atmus. They may date back to the original owner of the house, John Wheeler, Jr. They were part of a set of four.
More information and photocopy of photograph of house in accession folder.
Gift of Dorothy Atmus Mulvey, Longmeadow, Mass.
Unknown, “Spindle-Back Chairs,” Conway Historical Society, accessed October 17, 2019, http://conwaymasshistory.org/items/show/1085.